Tuesday, September 03, 2019

It was a Good Morning

(***See note on bottom)
 Zahir had to meet with nervous clients this morning. He was about to call home for security to come get me to take me to my therapy session. It was a rock and hard place moment. If security came from the house I would be real late for session.

 Boss surprised us both when he offered to take me. He had an event with one of his wives in Al-Abdali and offered to drop me and have his assistant wait for me to finish, then drive me back to the office. No I am still not being left alone.

 On the ride we talked about recent events. He did ask what was in my head the morning of my incident. I didn't have a good answer. I still don't remember doing it. We talked about a lot of things, thankfully he has a very quiet car. He promised to help with my post graduate certifications. 

He thinks Z and I make a good design team. He says Zahir is a good engineer but a visionary architect. The boss thinks I have a better head for the physical engineering side of the building equation. He said, "The two of you are two halves of the circle." Not sure what that means but I like it.

 Looking back on "the incident:"

 I have told Aunt Meghan. She offered to fly over to care for me. She agrees that her parents don't need to know anything more than I was hurt but am healing. I got more than a few emails, and people here asking why... I don't know is the only answer I got.

 All I had to do was open my mouth and say the most difficult six letters in the English language, "HELP ME!" It is so difficult to admit you cannot do it all. It is so easy to push down the pain and paint on a smile. That facade eventually fails. It is easy to destroy, it is difficult to build, to create something that will last.

 I am so lucky, I have a network of love woven around me. They picked up the pieces and put me back together. I have a long way to go but I have a solid base again.

 Christopher


(*** About the opening artwork: Since Zahir insisted on me trying to wear my "birth name" I thought it was only fair I start calling him Pooh Bear... He is grudgingly tolerating it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment