Friday, August 09, 2019

I Don't Know How To Process This...

 I was flying high yesterday...



I met with the proctor and took my finals in a few of my short courses. I think I aced them. I had to take the short courses to make up for the break I took last year. One does not meddle with a timeline. I have a little less of a workload from here on. Zahir had a couple small fun day trips set up to celebrate this weekend.

 This is the first day of the weekend for us here. Friday is normally the first of two days off. We had just finished dinner (that would be lunch to my Yankee friends). I was full as a tick. Zahir got a call from Baba telling us to come home. No more than that, "Come home now."

All of the above?
 Yesterday and this morning were so great and then this... I received news today and I don't know how to process it. Everyone here is fine. I had a guest.  

 One of Zahir's friends on the National Police volunteered for the detail when he saw the names involved. He agreed to meet us at three. He informed me the man who violated (RAPED) me at fourteen, has taken his own life.

 I guess the thought of spending most of the rest of his life in prison was too much. It felt like someone punched me in the gut. I wanted him punished... not this. This is not what I expected when I asked for victim notification. I thought a heads up if he escaped, or was up for parole... not this.

 Baba tried to remind me how upset I was when he sought new sentencing. While he was my monster, he was also a human being. Part of me wants to send a letter of condolence to his parents, I'm not sure how that would be received. They were pretty hateful at the trial and blamed me for "tempting their son from the path."


 I am ok, oddly hurting, but ok. My battle buddy Chris (just Chris) came over for supper, movie and support. We just hung out. He said that I am going to have THE big update on Monday for group.

 Gonna take some time to think. I took time to call MeeMa before bed. She promises cookies, is that a universal grandma thing? Do cookies cure everything?




  Love Y'all
Chase/Christopher/Nadir

Flying too high can lead to an unfortunate impact...

3 comments:

  1. Back home we have a saying, "When it rains it pours." Today started with Zahir trying to make me feel better. It ended the reverse.

    Zahir had plans for today, but he set them aside asking what I wanted to do. I told him to take me somewhere remarkable​. Something I have never seen. He took me to the mosque with his family. Baba brought the Imam up to speed on what has occurred. He offered a blessing over me for healing. I was clueless as far as what was happening during the service but the men of the family surrounded me and made sure to coach me along.

    After the service Zahir and I played tourist. He made it a really great day.

    I should have known something was wrong when ​my ​psycho dog Kaeleb did not give us our​ usual​ enthusiastic greeting. Instead he was laying on the floor in the front parlor mo​​ping. When he let out a sorrowful moan/howl at me, I knew something was wrong.

    While I was checking him out​, Zahir ordered me to stay put as ​he ​swept the house (just in case). Shortly after I heard him, his beloved falcon Aya had passed.

    I calmed Zahir the best I could​. While he prepared Aya, I grabbed a shovel started digging a hole under one of the fig trees.​ Our security guards were kind enough to bring the two other dogs into the security office while I ​and the other guard ​dug her grave. Z wrapped his bird placed her in the bottom of the hole and we covered Aya with a layer of rocks to discourage the dogs from digging her up. I put a cluster of flower pots on the site for the same reason.

    It's amazing how animals work their way into our (and each others) hearts. I​ believe ​Aya and ​Kaeleb were​ odd, but​ good friends. ​They had a bizarre game of tag, neither would hurt the other. The "tag" was a beak peck on his but or a cold nose to her tail feathers. Zahir was inconsolable I think he loved that bird almost as much as he loves me.

    The trip to Wadi Rum is going to be different this year...

    Rough weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a crazy thing to happen. It doesn't relieve you of the bad memories and I don't know how you will process that. It's just another tragedy on the heap. Sorry :( I don't know if it makes it easier or worse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must be a monster.

    The first thing I thought of was that he would never harm another child ever again.

    The second thing I thought of was that he would never again be able to torment me, but he still does. He stalks me in my memory and dreams.

    Mama Stacie sent me a dream-catcher in hopes of clearing up my dreams. At least she didn't tie any crystals into it...

    Officer Mike says when there's one successful suicide in prison publicized there are normally four or five that follow the pattern. Convicts hate one group more than all the others pedophiles. They have a unique sense of justice. If you harm a child your time in prison will be hell. I guess "Cal" just couldn't live with it.

    I initially thought he took the coward's way out. Now, I think he took the only control he could in his situation.

    I will recover in time.

    ReplyDelete