Monday, August 12, 2019

Week Three

 I just got back to the compound. Chris was right I did have the story of the week at group. Safee and a few others were split and thought the news would solve all my problems the others recognized it would not. 

 I described a few of the dreams I've been having since notification. In one of them I was at the funeral and Cal reached up from the grave. Okay I'll fess that one freaked me. Of course we all know I'm not going to that funeral.

 Cal did not deserve to die. Keep in mind for the longest time I wished Mike had killed him that day. I'm starting to think maybe I am a monster.
 
 The longest time I was filled with such rage over what Cal had done to me. It's not there anymore, sadness is still there. 
 Chris, Jon and few of the guys took me to Books@Cafe for dinner afterwards. Yes, I did have a beer with my beef bacon cheeseburger. Beef bacon that is still so wrong. To my surprise it was Z who told Chris I deserved a treat. "He said this is where your buddy Dah-Veed (David) took you when you were blue."
 
 Someone asked if Chris was the Jarhead who had the crush on me. Yes it is, but he understands there's no chance. My heart firmly belongs to another. He invited Zahir and I to his retirement party in October. I am going to miss my battle buddy and friend.

3 comments:

  1. Hopefully you are feeling better. That is a lot to process. Hopefully you have a calm week ahead. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PTSD group yesterday was good... well as good as that can be. This morning I have my therapy session with Shrinky Dink. Strangely now that I'm talking about it things are better... okay, they're not AS sucky.


      On another topic, things are getting really weird here. I'm not being allowed out of the compound alone even with the dog. I'm trying not to read too much into that.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the Hayden update Emry...

      Delete