Thursday, July 11, 2019

Coursework Overload...


 I am sorry it has been so long. It has been hard. I am doing something a little dumb I guess. I am trying to finish college (with a double major) by my 20th birthday in October. I am also helping Baba with his class. He is testing out lesson plans on me.

 We are starting to prepare for the annual hunt in August in Wadi Rum. In addition to working with Mama, grandma, and foster mom Stacey on my wedding to Zahir. If THAT wasn't enough Zahir's sister has asked me to help with HER wedding to my former day nurse. I am TRYING to make time to write and blog but I must also have time with my honey.

  On THAT subject, I clawed him up pretty good the night before last. These nightmares are gonna be the death of me. The Shrinky Dink says they will fade... IN TIME. I just have to put in the work. I am back to seeing the shrink every two weeks. In addition to a support group meeting. I am sleeping three to five hours a night without the little white pill. Zahir made me promise to go to sleep by ten pm. If I am not I take the pill. I hate them, I wake groggy and it sucks when I can't escape my dreams.

 As I said I am trying to write. I am sorry things have slowed down.

Chase

2 comments:

  1. 3 to 5 hours is nowhere near enough! I get 9 to 10 most nights. Anything less than 7 and he puts me down for a nap in the afternoon. Your body can't function on that little. You need much more.
    I am off this summer from classes. I'll start again in September, but he wanted me to just enjoy myself and I am getting a ton of writing done. I hope you can take a break and maybe even a semester off.

    OR take a semester and pursue some arts. Paint or write or draw or learn an instrument. Do something completely different from your professional stuff. I really want to try an art class, paint something. Ash said he will take me to one of those wine and paint classes. It would be so funny to see him try to paint. He is so serious and dedicated. Maybe do something that is solely meant for your health and happiness. KAY?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been years since I slept 7 straight hours. I do take a nap, occasionally slumped over a text book or tablet, but that counts as a nap right?

      My degree work will be done in October. My last class finishes just before my birthday. Zahir has TOLD me I am taking a year off at least before continuing to the next level.

      I will help mama running the compound. I loose myself in the garden once a day. That is mama and my happy place. We are working on a mixed crop of okra, string beans, zipper peas and kohlrabi. The rhubarb and eggplant have been disappointment, I cannot keep the dogs out of that part of the garden. Dogs trained to run up walls are not stopped by fences.

      Delete