Monday, July 29, 2019

04:00 - Awake...

 Asleep at 9PM(ish) awake at 03:30. A long night of sleep (for me). I had church yesterday, Chris stayed for dinner afterwards. I was right about the developing bromance he and Zahir have. More than that, I think Zahir knows I need a local friend. I haven't had one since David returned to Israel. 

 Chris has been trying to learn sign for months... damn he sucks at it. It is funny at times. I am happy he is trying. The family is trusting him to drive me to church and group. It makes more sense than the Pastor picking me up. I am not too much out of Chris's way.

 Group yeah, that is why I am up so early. Second session today. I am not as afraid as last week. That said I have a knot in my tummy. 

 Zahir will wake for morning prayer soon and see my eyes open. He knows when I am faking sleep. He tries to hide it but I see the worry in his eyes. This is a battle he can't fight for me and it stresses him. That said he is the one person I know will never abandon me. For this I am grateful each day.

Chase

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoy your writings. Very good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Week 2, I am so proud of you kid. Meeting with Natalie in a few days. Message me and I will give you the sitch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give her a hug... but stay away from the fried butter.

      It was tasty BUT I hate to think what that is doing to your heart.

      ;)

      Delete