Saturday, July 27, 2019

Parting Shot From Europe

 Just a short post while we're waiting to board the aircraft for home.

 Well, I have to say this morning was a bit of a surprise. We passed a big building and Zahir said, "That's your bank."
     
My bank apparently...
 I was a little surprised and laughed. I have a bank account back in Miami, I KNOW they do not have overseas branches. Apparently he set up an account for me here, "Just in case." 
      
 Conversations discussing exit plans normally end with him saying, "It is my responsibility to worry for this." I was a little frightened when he told me this was part of the "exit plan."
    
 Maybe it's my own low self-esteem, but I thought it was his way of telling me I was too much work or he was bored with me. When I began babbling for forgiveness about being such a burden. 

He replied, "No it is not for this..." good answer. "...but I must plan for my baby's care. I am older than you."

 I never have been good with discussions of mortality issues. I explained to Zahir I understood far too well that life is short. I'm going to turn twenty in October. I know when my mother was my age, she had been running from my father for three years. Before she turned twenty-three, she would be dead. 
 Heavy conversation for post breakfast.

 I understand death is a predator that stalks us all. That doesn't mean I want to curl up with it. The fact Zahir was thinking THAT far out made me happy. When I explained that he gave me rare public snuggles. 

 Then he attempted some retail therapy to lighten the mood again. I think buying new things is his answer to everything. He gets so much attention in stores. People openly flirt with him... He flirts back better.

I got Mama and Zahir's sister nice scarves and some great custom chocolate.

They are calling for us to board...

Chase

Cute link:
I am not saying Z is a touch over protective but clearly this artist was there for OUR first date.


UPDATE: Back in the Kingdom 10 minutes early, thank you Royal Jordanian. 

2ND UPDATE: 2300

Zahir is down for night prayers. He is making amends for missing his mid-day time. Today was magnificent. Breakfast in Switzerland, dinner in Rome and supper somewhere over the Mediterranean Sea. For such a rough beginning in life, I am grateful for the present. I would do it all again to be here, now.

Night all

Chase

No comments:

Post a Comment