Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Plans Are Progressing...

 This is a year of celebrations for our family. Our King's rule and I both turn twenty. The Universities will all hold ceremonies celebrating the 20th anniversary of King Abdullah’s Accession to the Throne. Yes, I will be attending one with Baba.  “Long Live His Majesty, Long Live the King.” I have learned to sign the traditional Bedouin chant (in Levantine Arabic Sign Language) if my voice should fail.


 We hosted a party for one of Baba's nephews. He had his wings pinned on by the King Monday. Zahir teased him about his future as a freight hauler (cargo pilot). Joking aside, I caught Zahir handing the boy HIS first set of wings.

Baba and Mama will be celebrating 35 years of marriage. 

There is ANOTHER wedding in the works. Yawm (my former Day Nurse) has asked Baba for Mayada's hand. It was so cute, he said he knew he did not have much but he would work hard. Baba replied Yawm had the most important thing, her heart.


 I got an update on Khalid's permaculture berms that we built in Wadi Rum. They are doing well, actually exceeding the needs of the family. I did not see them working THAT well so soon. I shared the news and photos with my grandparents in Paducah. they replied, "You come from farm folk... We can grow anything anywhere." 
The catchment system will look like this

 Khalid and I are already designing the next phase a permanent swale and cistern system to capture and store every drop of rain that falls on his land.

Changes:

 We missed out on booking where we wanted to stay for the wedding. Moe and Stacie say we will find a better place. They are looking at renting houses/cabins. Zahir is teasing HE is choosing our honeymoon location based on my readers... That got me thinking, the wedding is in December so I took a peek at my readers...
My blog reader metrics have shifted:
  1.  United States (Mostly Cold - Southern California or Hawaii sound nice)
  2.  Norway (Cold)
  3.  Netherlands (Cold)
  4.  Russia (F-ing Cold I am told)
  5.  Australia (mmmm Summer)
  6.  United Kingdom (Cold AND Wet)
  7.  Belgium (Cold but good chocolate)
  8.  Singapore (equatorial tropical heaven but same-sex sexual activity is illegal*)
  9.  South Africa (Summer - having trouble with summer HERE 102 f today)
  10.  Egypt ( ? Not sure why, Zahir says flat NO)
 So long as I am with him and there is a bed I will be happy. Six more months until my fiance is my husband. SO HAPPY!!!

 Zahir is still talking about opening a structural design firm in Atlanta. "I design buildings you make them pretty..." I think he MAY be serious. I would miss Baba and Mama but I will follow him. 
He is my heart💗


 * The CURRENT Attorney-General has declared that prosecutions under Singapore's Section 377A still occur.

1 comment:

  1. Southern California is nice in December. Our real rainy season gets going in January and February. December is usually chill and sunny. You could do Palm Springs if you want guaranteed warmth and sunshine. :) Congrats to all the great things you have coming up!

    ReplyDelete