Monday, December 31, 2018

Christmas Surprise... And The End Of A Good Year.

 Grandma surprised me during our facetime chat at Christmas. She asked when Z would do the honorable thing. I guess she wants me married not just living in sin. Of course she said it with far more grace and tact. 

Then she spoke plainly, "Young man YOU have seen, life is too damned short for someday or maybe."

 I told her of the dangers to my family if our relationship became public knowledge. My clinical argument was accurate and on point. She told me she sees the risk, then she said the only one at risk right now is her grand-baby. I changed the topic clumsily. I just got her back in my life, I don't want to fight with her. Especially when I know her argument is coming from the love in her heart.

 Zahir was working in the corner office and heard my reply. When our chat was over Zahir came into our room. He said he was not trying to listen in but our voices carried. He asked me if my heart was sore. I told him I have everything that I want, anything more is just a dream. "You took a math nerd and made him an engineer. I live in a world of limits. What can happen, and what can't happen. It is all about living in the can do side of the equation." I am not sure how convincing I was, but he held me and let it drop.

---

 I spent the rest of this week helping Baba get ready for his new class at the University. Although the concept of being in a classroom terrifies me. Still, it excites me at the same time. The concept of dealing with the pure math class is also thrilling. Baba thinks engineering may be too limiting for me. "At your age horizons need to be wide."

---

 So here I sit looking back on 2018...

 This  year has challenged me in ways I never imagined. I learned truths that were painful (but truth is often painful). I've grown through it all, I prospered, I learned and I loved greatly. So here I am at 3pm waiting for my love to come home, and I'm using this time to reflect back. 2018 was a good year.

  Zahir is taking me out for a late dinner tonight.  Then we will be going to a French client's home to ring in the New Year western style.

Luv y'all,
Chase

No comments:

Post a Comment