Wednesday, December 05, 2018

I am not exempt from the season of rush and hurry.

 Terribly sorry for my long absence. Things have been unusual here. I know that probably sounds weird considering. I had my deposition, it was rough but not as bad as I expected. I was asked if forgiveness was a tenant of my faith. I replied yes, but so too is Earthly justice. Forgiveness does not erase the civil penalty earned as a result of violating the law. People forget when they ask "What would Jesus do?" The possibility of overturning tables and chasing offenders whipping them with cords is an option! Even the real Saint Nicholas had a violent side in his zeal.
 
 I don't know how to explain this, Christmas isn't my favorite holiday. I guess I have had one too many bad ones. Mama, looked at me funny when I shared that as she was helping decorate the main lounge. She said, "We help our boy celebrate the birth of his prophet." In traditional Jordanian fashion they are trying very hard to make me feel comfortable and welcome. I have never felt less than welcome and loved here. 
 
 Christmas in Jordan... It's kind of like going through the looking glass. I've said the people of Jordan are very open and welcoming. That's especially true as we enter the Christmas season. It is unusual for an Arab Nation to decorate and celebrate a Christian holiday but here, Christmas is a national holiday. Up in Abdali and on the Boulevard the Christmas lights are out. Children are sitting on Santa's lap in the mall. You could forget where you are, except for the fact that Santa is speaking Arabic.
 
 The temperature is getting colder 9°C/49°F. For this Florida transplant THAT is cold. Zahir is teasing me about wearing my winter pajamas. I think he misses the access of my usual sleep shirts. He is headed out on his trip Monday. I will be moving into the big house for a week. My old bedroom furniture was put in that room to make me more comfortable when I stay there. 
 
 My puppy is in the "dog house" with our housekeeper.  Kaeleb ate (or mauled to the point of destruction) the robotic floor scrubber (Scooba). Ironically THAT is not covered under the warranty.

Chase

No comments:

Post a Comment