Tuesday, January 01, 2019

New Year, New Me...

 His knee dropped at midnight. I should have been suspicious when we arrived at  Louis and Oscar's place, Baba and Mama were there. Also present were a few of our co-workers who have protected us like family, including our boss.

 It is after five in the morning and I have not slept. At midnight he dropped to a knee and slid the cutest little buckle ring on my finger. "I do not know how I can drown my princess in the gold you deserve but will you let me try?" I told him I was happy with the ring. "A bride does not negotiate her own price!" I smiled and sheepishly looked at Baba.

  He replied, "Coins, many many gold coins for MY little one!"

 The rest of the night was a blur. I facetimed with my Grandparents when we got home. Both told me Zahir asked their blessing after our last chat. It looks like we will be returning to Paducah next June!

 I am still digesting this, I never thought it was possible. I am so happy

 Gonna try to sleep.

Chase

No comments:

Post a Comment