Thursday, November 01, 2018

My Marvelous Nineteenth!

 For some 19 is just another number. For me it means a little more I guess. I wasn't supposed to make it. If you followed my blog any length of time I pretty much have had the deck stacked against me. All that changed when I met him.

 Some people like officer Mike and Natalie would say I was destined to survive. I wasn't so sure. Suppose I should say something profound for the end of 18 years, I have nothing. Zahir has been pampering me this entire trip, not letting me even unpack my own luggage. When we travel I normally put everything away. I guess he's trying to baby me to celebrate the end of 18 years.

 I experience something new today. For the first time in my life someone was flirting with me, and I actually caught it. Z went into full defensive mode. Little weasel back down when he saw the mountain of muscle who is with me. But it was kind of nice. Of course being here in South Beach my guy has been getting hit on right and left. He was oblivious to most of it. One guy went on full press, and Z just shot a panicked look at me. I came over and cuddled his waist. First time ever he was publicly affectionate with me. Twinkie boy disappeared back into the pack.

 For his Birthday we went DC as Batman and Nightwing. Zahir has been brutal not letting me in on any part of tonight's plans. I know officer Mike and Natalie are gonna be there.

 He presented me my costume "Spider-man." He is going as... let's just say someone is wearing XXXL body armor that is candy apple red and gold. Initially I thought he'd go for a costume of latex green paint, but I guess that would take hours.

 I was thinking of a small costume party back at the foster parent's farm in their barn. Turns out he booked the ballroom downstairs. My giant does nothing small. Well except me. ;)

He told me everyone is supposed to keep their costumes and masks in place until dinner. I have to go around trying to guess who everyone is. He has given me 30 minutes.

More to come. Tah!

3 comments:

  1. I got the identities of all our guest with two exceptions. My grandparents (mom's mom and dad) came down from Paducah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zahir, Baba and Mama, and the grandparents are taking me to Disney for the weekend. Three days in the park. It has been a lot of years since I did this. Zahir's parents and my mom's people are getting on famously!


    Getting glared at for the lunch time update. TTFN I keep bumping into Pooh Bear all day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandma and I are doped up on Benadryl. It turns out I share her allergies. She likes my Sponge Bob epi-pen holder. Her's is boring black with a red cross on it. The downside to Florida, something is ALWAYS pollinating. Neither of us is willing to screw up the last day in the Kingdom. Zahir knows I am not feeling so good.

    Zahir, Baba and Mama are buying all of the t-shirts and tourist stuff from the gift shops. "This will look so cute on ___. ___ would love this thing-a-ma-bob." I see a huge shipping bill. Z even got the Disney his and hia shirts, not that we will wear them back home. When did I stop thinking of Florida as home.

    ReplyDelete