Thursday, November 08, 2018

The Road Of Life Has Ups And Downs...

 We stayed longer in Atlanta than we were expecting. It turns out I am a good candidate for the procedure. There are some risks. Not sure it is worth possibly losing my voice entirely. The benefit is I might get up to 80% of my vocal range back.

rare selfie
 Zahir is willing to support my decision. He wishes it was not so unproven. He thinks we should wait for a year or so, and wants me to talk it over with Baba as well. I know this is actually a soft no. He is right, I have lost enough to risk what  remains on a desperate gamble.

 This trip has been something of a roller coaster. My candidate lost his Senate seat. I crossed the ocean to vote! It looks like the majority of voters in my home district did not even drive to the poles! Seriously it's looking like he lost by less than a quarter of a percent. I'm a bit ashamed of Miami-Dade.

 We are headed to Hartsfield International now. Muflih (the boss's pilot) is flying in tonight and we are off to Canada in the morning. He gets 24 hours crew rest before they fly the boss's new jet home. I once called him "muffin" in error, he was NOT amused until he realized how hard I was trying. He flew Zahir's team and I into Iran last year, and home from Ukraine this past summer.

 I cannot wait to get back to Amman. I start classes up again in a few weeks. Zahir picked up some intimate things for me. I hope that customs doesn't look too hard at my silky stuff.

Chase