Monday, January 28, 2019

Decisions Made For Me...

 Well hell! Woke up yesterday to a new wrinkle in my routine. I started getting ready for work only to be told my internship with Zahir was on hold. "My baby has too much on his shoulders. You must focus on your studies and us." I feel like a baby. Zahir and Baba discussed my workload and decided it needed to be reduced. I am nineteen I think I should have a say in it. I'm NOT a baby...

 I agree that I have been stressed lately. Baba has caught my mind wandering during his lectures. I screwed up cooking in the kitchen with Mama yesterday. I am taking a few of nothing classes to fulfil humanities credits . I don't need a lot of time, hell I could sleep through the coursework and still pass. The only thing other than auditing Baba's class that is giving me any challenge is the internship. "Let it go Elsa..."

 I'm not angry, I got my text books for next semester's classes. I see challenges coming. It is probably for the best I step away from the firm for now. Z has promised he will take me in to the office on occasion.

---


Wedding Update... (Brad was right)

 Stacy and Moe offered to help Zahir and I. They are working on wedding plans for Zahir and I. We both trust them. After all, they are the reason we met in the first place. I was informed I get to make little choices; colors, flavors and flowers. Zahir and I get to approve venues.

 The Imam  (Mohsen's Imam) in Miami has had a change of heart. It turns out he was personally impacted by what happened at The Pulse. Moe reminded him of the shooting, he said it changed his view.

 My preacher will perform the Christian blessing/ceremony in our garden before we leave Amman. He said secret ceremonies are not new in Christendom. They were common in Ireland and Scotland in the middle ages. Given that our marriage will not be legal in Jordan he believes such a service is appropriate. We also agreed no ring for Zahir.

 It was Stacy who reminded me all we need for a wedding in Florida is a public notary, and she has that covered... Officer Mike is one, and he will marry Z and I.

 Zahir and I will be honeymooners over my birthday. Zahir insists on making the honeymoon plans. I am so good with that. 

 
 Chase

No comments:

Post a Comment