Thursday, September 20, 2018

AFK Hunting...

  I will likely be AFK - Away From Keyboard for two weeks. I am safe.

I am going "hunting" with Zahir's family. Internet is spotty there. Two weeks semi unplugged, I am looking forward to it.


   I have downloaded a couple stories from the cloud to my tablet to work on. I am interested to see if a project I left behind last year is working. 

  FYI: My psycho dog "IS" coming with me for protection when the men are away. He and his saluki "cousins" get along, but because they are clean and he is not he cannot participate in the hunt. 

  Dogs are generally seen as unclean, salukis are the exception. Bedouin men hold them in such high esteem they honor the animal calling them al hurr, "the noble one".

  There is a legend that the Prophet himself owned a saluki that he used for hunting. The animal is mention in the holy Quran, in which the training of hounds for hunting is encouraged, as long as it is done so in a manner directed by Allah.

 Back in a couple weeks... Unless Z takes me on a "supply" run.

No comments:

Post a Comment