Sunday, October 07, 2018

Good News!

   His lawyers, the prosecutor and the judge all met. The judge ruled while the defense has the right to interview/deposition me. They do not have the right to apply an unnecessary burden of travel cost.

  Translation I get to do a video deposition probably from the embassy.  That was the best homecoming gift ever!

  Yes, our time out in Wadi Rum is over. We are back in Amman back in the family compound. The boys are airing and cleaning up the tent before they pack it away for another year.

  It was a beautiful wedding. The groom loved his new truck.  The wedding made me a little sad. A reminder that Zahir and I will never be able to recite the three fold qabul to one another. At least not here. The threefold question of loyalty and devotion is reserved only for heterosexual Islamic couples.  Zahir kind of made a joke of it, "Would my little princess pledge her love and devotion to me?"   Then he realized I was serious. I got an apology in the form of wicked snuggles.

Always the bridesmaid never the bride...


1 comment:

  1. That is really awesome that you dont have to go back to the US. That sounds like a very long and soul wrenching journey. I'm happy for you. I hope he surprises you with the ceremony you deserve somewhere in Europe or something. We had planned on doing a big wedding but it was so overwhelming to me that we decided to do it on a whim and just invite the truly important people (or at least the ones who were available at the last minute). It was awesome though. I loved it

    ReplyDelete