Tuesday, September 15, 2020

My Meeting with Death...

 Sorry that it has been so long. I have been too busy. I thought things would get easier after college... I was wrong. I have met many deadly things in Jordan, but NOTHING prepared me for this...

 Between working, moving and learning to manage the bigger house and staff, I have also become Mama's taxi service. She is taking me everywhere. For the most part I still get introduced as her "adopted" son. Other times there is often a wink or a nod when I am introduced as Zahir's boy.

 When I take her to her charity meetings I am "HER" boy. A few weeks back Mama had a charity board meeting. That day Z told me to follow her lead and not be confrontational. He actually said this as we were headed out, "Behave my baby, and do not stress. My mother will never jeopardize her favorite daughter-in-law." If he had any fillings, I swear she would have rattled them with the slap he earned. Mama hits hard.

  When we arrived, all was chill till this older lady came in with her assistant. I was sitting off to the side having a plate of cookies and some tea. Somehow I became the topic of conversation. I was not intending on listening in, but it was a small room, and I did tune in and out.

 The assistant to the angry looking woman had been shooting me some heavy shade. I could see the hate rolling off her. Serious if her eyes were daggers, I would have been dead. One of the other ladies mentioned she knew a girl who was perfect for me. A couple of the other ladies chimed in.

 That was when the bitch goddess rubbed the third finger of her left hand and said, "Shouldn't we ask its 'sugar daddy.'" ('umurat baba - had to search that one.)

 The room was dead silent for what felt like hours but was actually only seconds. That was when the first clap back hit. "Perhaps if you were a better wife, he (Zahir) would still be your husband." Some of the others jumped in too. Mama hung back and watched the other women verbally rip her former daughter-in-law to shreds. It was brutal, I learned a few new words. Girls can get mean!

 Without looking, her boss said, "How shameful it must be for you to be out woman-ed by such a polite hard working boy. He understands your tongue and yet does not lower himself to your level." Then Ms. Bughi (learned that word means wench) stormed out. I will never understand how a beautiful thing, can be so ugly.

 I signed to Mama asking if she was upset and wanted to leave. "Absolutely not. Enjoy your treats." Then the women returned to the business at hand. A few occasionally added a suggestion of a woman or two who would like and "understand" me.

 When the meeting was over Mama and I gave the now rideless older woman a lift home. Turns out she is a big lawyer here. She and Mama sat in the back and chatted. When we got to her building she apologized for the bad behavior of her staff member. I told her it was ok. I also said it would be wrong to blame her for the words of another.


When Mama gave her report to Zahir he laughed. Then he told me I had survived death once again. It seams that one of her middle names is Azrael (عزرائيل‎). That is also the name of "The Angel of Death" in Islam. Who gives crappy names like this to their kids! Someone named their little princess after the Angel of Death... Perhaps they could see the future. 

 I owe a huge thank you to my buddy in Texas. Emri  is republishing one of my favorite stories (his Kasper story.) Today's chapter stung Z a bit. He likes reading them out loud to me. Afterwards we usually snuggle and stuff.

 Today he asked if I thought HE was ashamed of me. I have said before while it is not illegal, it is not safe to be out here, especially if you are the bottom. I told him I understood when I said I do, there would be limits. He kissed my forehead and I thought it was over. He told me to shower and went to the closet picking out clothes for us.


We had dinner at one of the most expensive places in town. We have been there before, a lot actually.
This time he treated me like a real date. He fawned on me. He was holding my hand and rubbing my ring finger. It earned a few nods and smiles, from both ex-pats and locals alike. We also drew a few ugly looks too. Still, it was the best date night EVER.

 I guess we are out... Not too loud, but very proud of my guy!


Night y'all

Chase

No comments:

Post a Comment